We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
The world today is a stressful place. Covid19 is causing havoc all over the world. People are losing their jobs, the cost of living keeps increasing and things might seem like they are going downhill. There are a lot of different reasons why a lot of people are experiencing anxiety but these times are making it even more likely.
While prescription medicine is effective it means you will more than likely need to take medicine for a long time. Anxiety can last a lifetime and managing it safely and naturally is in our opinion the best way forward.
It is very important to find out how to overcome anxiety naturally. Our favourite way to achieve this is through the use of natural and essential oils.
6 essential oils that can help with your anxiety
Lavender Essential Oil.
It offers a calming feeling almost immediately after use.
Bergamot Essential Oil
This citric oil works wonders when reducing tension. It is however very sensitive to sunlight and should not be exposed to it.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
It increases serotonin levels making you feel more cheerful and optimistic.
It gives you a calm and relaxed feeling.
Clary Sage Essential Oils
This oil provides mental clarity and an optimistic feeling.
Vetiver Essential Oil
It gives you a sense of peace and tranquillity.
Mix your own
You can mix the oils to come up with a combination that works for you.
Quick tips on how to overcome anxiety naturally
- Hot baths are the most popular technique. Just sprinkle a few drops of the above mentioned oils into your bath and have a relaxing soak for a while.
- You can apply it directly on to your skin or use a carrier. A carrier is another skin care product into which you add the essential oils. Skin lotion is ideal.
- You can pour some drops into a cup of hot water and inhale the vapor from the cup.
- Using an essential oil diffuser or oil burner. Do you not own one yet? Look at our guide of the best essential oil burner vs diffuser.
- Carrying a small bottle of essential oil to inhale whenever you encounter a trigger for an anxiety attack.
- Oral usage can be effective but it should only done after consulting your doctor.
We hope that these tips have been useful in teaching you how to overcome anxiety naturally. Remember everything will eventually work itself out. Relax and stay safe.